Atoms Study Guide
- Carbon is an element. Which of the following best describes the smallest particle of carbon that retain all the properties of carbon? a. molecule, b. an atom, c. a proton, d. an electron
- What is the smallest part of a gold ring that is still gold? a. An atom, b. an electron, c. a molecule, d. a compound
- Which describes a property of all elements? a. All elements are metals, b. all elements have six electrons, c. all elements are pure substance, d. all elements exist in the solid phase.
- What is the symbol for: chlorine, cobalt, chromium, and carbon
- Which list contains only objects made up of atoms: Steel, water, sand and dolphin, b. light, rock, apple, squirrel, c. paper, heat, helium
- Which four elements make up most of the human body? a. Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, b. silicon, calcium, oxygen, aluminum, c. carbon, sodium, hydrogen, oxygen, d. sulfur, phosphorous, calcium, nitrogen
- An atom can best be described as : a. The smallest particle that has all the characteristics of a compound. b. the smallest particle that has all the characteristics of an element. c. a charged particle that is similar to a molecule. d. a charged particle that is larger than a molecule.
- What two types of particles exist within an atomic nucleus? a. Protons and neutrons, b. neutrons and electrons, c. protons and nitrous, d. positrons and neutrons.